Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things-About-Me-Thursday!

I have been looking around at other people's blogs (so creative!) and I'll try something out here - every Thursday I'll write 5 things about myself and/or a member of my family. These might be things you know, might be things you DON'T know! We'll start with me this week. Here goes:

1. I REALLY do NOT like it when people call me "Nicki". My name is Nicole, or if you are family, Cole or Coley. Matt gets to call me whatever he wants to, as long as he says it nicely :o). Kiddos call me Mom or Mommy, of course. When Dylan says his prayers at night, he likes to refer to me as "My mom, Nicole Madsen." I think he must be worried that Heavenly Father won't recognize me as just plain old "Mom!"
2. I love, love, love to read! I am often disappointed when I finish a book, because I read really fast. It's over too soon!
3. I love my sisters! It is fun being the oldest child, watching them all grow from kids to teens to adults, then getting married and having babies.
4. I also love my favorite (only) brother! DJ is smart, cool, talented and extremely kind-hearted. I wish I could be more like him.
5. I am enjoying teaching voice lessons. I especially like it when I tell someone to do something a certain way, and they actually do it! Amazing! I love it when one of my students is working on singing a song, and something I have taught them finally "clicks." Incredible!

Happy Thursday! We are headed to the Van Halen concert tonight, so I'll try to sneak a picture or two there and post them later this week.

2 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

Your family is so adorable! Here is mine and Matt's blog, please visit anytime!

Ali said...

Ah come on NICKI, can't I call you anything I want? hehe LOVE YOU SISTA!