Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Report 07

Whew - we made it through the last couple of days with sanity intact! :o)

We had a COLD Christmas eve - good thing Matt started a fire so we could all warm our toes!

Christmas Eve we all went to Grami Snow's house for a big dinner - wonderful as always! There were around 21 people there, I believe. A great gathering! Everyone contributed to the food and it was wonderful! (I'll admit I grumbled a bit when I was assigned the dreaded "Green Bean Casserole", but I found a fantastic jazzed up recipe that was REALLY good. It'll be the recipe I use from here on out, for sure!)

Picture above is of Tiffany J. and Tishele, looking beautiful and Christmas-y!!

We had dinner, and Grami recited the Christmas story as the kids helped put the nativity parts on a board made by Matt's cousin Talynn. I so love hearing Grami tell the story, and I am quite impressed that she cites it from memory every year (at 91 years old, no less!). She is truly an inspiration!The neighbors invited the kids over to participate in the pinata they had going on there. Always fun to swing a bat around and hit stuff!

We got the kids home, opened new PJ's as Christmas Eve presents, and were ready for bed around 9:45 p.m. - they were tired but happy and VERY excited for Christmas day! After we put out cookies and NINE carrots - Zack was concerned that there be one for each reindeer - they were off to bed.We always set the "no getting up before 6:00 a.m." rule, but I told Matt that there was NO way the boys would get up at 6. They had to be way too tired! Well, they did let us sleep in....until 6:03 a.m! Thanks a lot! :o)

We loved opening presents! What a great morning!

Favorite gift that the kiddos got - a Wii! Woo-hoo! Matt got an Xbox 360 too, so we have just about every game set-up you could possibly imagine now. I love my seatbelt handbag from Matt - he always knows just what I want! We also LOVE our new piano keyboard...Zack is our resident pro piano player! He serenaded us with Christmas music.

We had a lovely, exhausting, wonderful, merry Christmas! I hope yours was, too!

0 comments: