Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday Tell-All: Twelve Questions of Christmas

Photo is of our first Christmas as a family in 2005!

I have joined a group that does a "Tuesday Tell-All" - with a different subject sent out every week. I thought it sounded fun, so here's my first Tuesday tell all! (Thanks Tiffany, for suggesting this!)

Please feel free to add your own responses in the comments section!

Twelve Questions of Christmas

Real or artificial tree? I used to be strictly a real-tree person, but after a few sad, scrawny little trees, I went to the dark side, and now enjoy a lovely pre-lit tree that is dragged out of storage every year. It's beautiful!

Do you like eggnog? I don't know. Honestly, I have never tried it. Seems a bit unappealing to me.

Favorite gift received as a child: A big doll house that my parents made for me. Six rooms, floors carpeted, furniture and all. Very cool! I wonder what happened to it? Mom?

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Matt had one before we got married. All the pieces are little bears. Yes, I said bears. Matt is a softie! (I would love to buy a Willow Tree set someday.)

Hardest person to buy for: Definitely Matt. He already HAS everything! When I ask him what he wants, he just tells me either that he just wants me (awwwww) or that I can pay one of his bills.

Easiest to buy for: Both of my children. They surely make it known EXACTLY what they want for Christmas!

Favorite Christmas movie: Has to be How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Love the message of that one! 2nd place: A Christmas Story, because when I was in 4th grade, I actually stuck my tongue on a frozen pole and had it stuck there until I yanked it off. Ouch! I went home crying and I know my parents were just stifling their laughter...

White lights or colored lights? White lights. No question.

Favorite Christmas song? O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion from Messiah, and Angels We Have Heard on High (for the "Gloria" part alone! You should hear my primary do this one. They really sound like angels!)

Travel for Christmas or stay home? Home, home, home.

Do you open presents Christmas ever or Christmas morning? As a kid, everything on Christmas morning. With my own family, we open one (pj's) Christmas Eve and all the rest Christmas morning. We kept my parents rule of not getting up before 6:00 a.m. Smart!

Do you tell the Christmas story? Always! We just told it last night for FHE and will tell it again on Christmas Eve.

Favorite Christmas tradition: As a kid, I remember all lining up (not before 6:00 a.m.!), oldest to youngest, to come into the room and see what Santa brought for us. We had to wait in the hallway or on the stairs for my Dad to build a fire before we came in. Seemed like an eternity! I was the oldest, so I was FIRST in the room! Now as an adult, I just love the decorating of the tree, telling thew Christmas story and seeing the magic of Christmas through my children.


6 comments:

Marcie said...

So glad you participated! It is fun to read all about your Christmas favorites.

-Em said...

We trashed the dollhouse after Skunkey (our cat)had kittens in the top middle bedroom and left them to die. Saving only the one that looked like her (she moved it to the window well and looked after it).
Merry Christmas!

Laura Edwards said...

Ahhh! Fun traditions! Our family did the same thing, having to wait til dad built the fire.

Nicole said...

Thanks for the Christmas gift, EM!! Skunkey was a MEAN cat!

Ahh, happy memories...

Tiffany said...

Loved reading this and learning things about you. Truly can't believe you've never tasted eggnog! Even though I only tolerate it and like a sip here and there, my dad and mom LOVE it so we always had some during the holidays. We're looking forward to staying HOME this year too, and the next and the next -- even though it will be a different home closer to you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.