Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The 52 Blessings Project: Weeks 1 and 2

Hi all! I got a great idea from another blogger, and I am totally jumping on the bandwagon for this one! It's the 52 blessings project...each week I post something I am thankful for, or blessed with. What a great idea!

Since I am two weeks into the year, I'll go with two to start...

Mom and Dad! Picture is of them with my two youngest sisters, Ali and Savannah.


What can I say about my parents? Dad instilled in me a love for music at a VERY young age. I have vivid memories of flipping through his record collection over and over. It was in alphabetical order - the band "America" was in the front! I especially loved Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac and Cheap Trick...

I was the oldest child, so I was the "experimented on" one. Mom cut my hair (yikes!), Gave me "the talk", (which consisted of, "Do you know everything you need to know?" I replied, "I think so", and she said, "Ok, well, let me know if you have any questions." That was it! Ha!) and got me through countless teenage angst issues with her calm demeanor.

As an adult they have become my best friends - always there for me when I need them. I could go on and on about them, but suffice it to say, they are the best! I love my parents, and I am so blessed to have them!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

That's what I love so much about your mom - her calm demeanor!

Laura Edwards said...

I love your parents too. I agree that they really are one of the best! I love it when our mothers get together- they are so funny!