Sunday, January 6, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Best Pork Chops

Those of you who know me very well KNOW that I love to cook and that I love to use new recipes all the time. Occasionally I do email some of the very best ones out to friends and family. Instead of doing that, I thought that I would post a blog entry once a week or so...with my favorite recipe of the week!

Be assured - all recipes have been tried and tested on my family - me, one husband and two picky little boys :o)

On to the first recipe! I have made these a couple of times, and am making them tonight for our "break the fast" meal...

BEST PORK CHOPS!

INGREDIENTS
2 eggs
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1 packet saltine crackers, crushed
3 T veg oil
6 thin or 4 medium cut pork chops


DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk eggs with garlic powder and onion powder. Place cracker crumbs on a separate plate. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip pork chops into the egg, them press into the cracker crumbs to coat. Fry in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes per side, just until golden brown. Remove to a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, turning once. Serve immediately.

**I have also made these with Ritz crackers - also really good!

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

tishelem said...

Sounds good and easy! I always enjoy your family-tested recipes...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Pork Chops are yummy. Good with mashers or we had rice with Spicy sausage last night. Nicole is a great cook.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha LOOOOOSERRR!! I don't even play guitar hero! haha jk love you!