Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The 52 Blessings Project: Week 18


My sister Jessica.

I love all my sisters - they are beautiful, talented, smart and VERY funny. We always have a good time together. We are fiercely loyal to one another, and heaven help you if you hurt one of us...the other 6 will come after you with a vengeance.

BUT, I have been thinking about Jess lately. Jess is the sister closest to my age, 5 years younger. I am told that I was such a rotten baby that my parents thought that perhaps I was the last one (and then for some reason later decided not to have just one or two more, but SEVEN more). Most of my childhood memories include her.

MEMORIES: I remember the year we dressed up as Princess Leah and R2D2 for Halloween. When mom put her hair in a ponytail on top of her head and then and cut it OFF and I laughed at her and chased her around the house. When she rode her bike straight into a brick building because dad forgot to tell her how to use the brakes. Running down the halls in our condo building in Colorado, terrorizing the residents. Playing catch with Jess and dad outside. Watching her play basketball like a maniac - she was awesome and SO natural.

Jess is a terrific mother, an amazing mom, a great friend and sister, and just an all around cool chick. It's been fun to watch her grow from a kid to a wife to a mom...I love her and she is a blessing in my life.

1 comments:

Amanda P. said...

Yey! We all love Jesser Besser :)