Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Tell-All: Professional Help

This week: For what activity would I want professional lessons?

Well, there are MANY activities for which I would love professional lessons, but for now I will choose SWIMMING LESSONS.


I have never been a strong swimmer. I am a good floater, and I am good at carrying little babies round the pool, but I am not a good lap swimmer, diver, or underwater swimmer. I can hold my breath forEVER when doing singing exercises, but when it comes to going under water, I panic a tiny bit and am up for air immediately. I vaguely remember riding my bike to swimming lessons in Moab, and I think I remember sitting in the bleachers when I was supposed to be swimming...could be part of the problem.

I have made sure that Z and D have had good lessons - they are already much better swimmers than I am!

I know, I know...it's never too late, I can still take lessons, blah blah blah...yeah, we'll see about that...

5 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

I would probably wish the same thing! I am NOT a good swimmer either. I mean I don't drown. I can swim, but I can't dive and I have a hard time jumping INTO the water without plugging my nose. Ah! I can't believe I am admitting that publicly! But once I am in the water, then I can swim without needing to plug :)

Amanda P. said...

I never knew that about you! I have wanted to take tennis lessons for a LONG time so that is my thing I want pro help in. And mom's "buddy" that she works with used to play semi pro tennis and has coached a little bit!! So that is what me and Sarah will be doing this summer. YEY!!

Anonymous said...

Hey- I can't swim very well either. Don't sweat it sista. Laying out by the pool is fun too! Much love!

The Clevelands said...

So fun to look at your blog and learn a little about our new neighbors!!! I think I would choose singing lessons, and maybe I should start from you! I'm an aweful singer...

Sarah Greener said...

Haha I am not a good swimmer either. The Doggie Paddle is my style.