Friday, August 29, 2008

Flashback Friday: Back to School 1980

Oh my goodness! I found a picture of me with my Trapper Keeper on the first day of school! Ha!

This is me in 1980...in front of our house in Moab, Utah on 4th East. I would have been going into the 5th grade, I believe. Mr. Warren's class. Did anyone else wear a dress on the first day of school? Is it just me, or do the 10 year old girls nowadays look a LOT more grown up than I did...? Hmmmm. Something to ponder.

This was the year I was the spelling bee CHAMP for the 5th grade. Yea, baby. I beat out a really smart boy named David. He was ticked.

3 comments:

Coopercomics said...

I love it! I can almost hear the sound of the trapper keeper Velcro in my ears. Kid's now-a-days just do not understand the awesomeness that was the trapper keeper.

Jill said...

Wow! I am speechless!

Rebecca said...

Love the knee high socks. And hair.