Sunday, September 28, 2008

We Love 80's Music. And Candy. And Crabs.

This past weekend Matt and I took a little trip with friends to the Sacramento area for a concert...Cheap Trick, Heart, and Journey. (I didn't mention that we were leaving town in an earlier blog because I didn't want anyone to break into the house and steal all our stuff. Well. Not that I mind someone stealing all our stuff, but I don't want anyone saying "Ha ha she deserved to have all her stuff stolen because she posted that she was gone on her blog." Anyway...)

We had a GREAT time and it all went by much too quickly.

Out to dinner before the concert - Nicole and Sue. Babes in black!


Here we are at the concert, finally! Traffic was horrible getting there, so we missed all of Cheap Trick, and a few of Heart's first songs. We still got to hear most of Heart though, and all of Journey. Front to back, me, Sue, Rich, Chris and Darren. Matt is taking the picture.


Ann Wilson (from Heart) has the most incredible voice on the planet. I want to be her.


Arnel Pineda is the new lead singer for Journey. His voice is incredible! He is so tiny and adorable, I wanted to put him in my purse and take him home with me. I also think his range might be higher than mine. He was a blast to watch - full of energy. Steve Perry, eat your heart out.


Cutest guy ever. Sorry ladies - he's mine.


Rich and Sue - lovin' the music, and each other (awwwwww...)


Here's the show that we got - two wives out on the town at a concert without their husbands, shaking their groove-thangs! Woo-hoo!


Darren and Chris, enjoying the concert, and the view of the two ladies shaking their booties :o)



We went to a great old fashioned Candy Shoppe in Old Town Sac the next day. Candy, as far as the eye could see! Matt tried a chocolate covered cricket! Yea, baby!!


Candy Girl!


Creepiest. Doll. Ever. Sue and I laughed and laughed at this scary doll. Yikes! "Give me a hug, mama! Ahhhhhh!"


Darren and Matt at Joe's Crab Shack on the Sacramento River in Old Town Sac. That's the Tower Bridge in the background.


Here we all are at lunch, before heading back home to the kids, the jobs and reality! Rich, Sue, Darren, Matt and Nicole. Good friends, good times...gooooooood tiiiiiimes.

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love Sacramento -- traffic is awful, for sure. I've been to that candy shoppe MANY times -- huge, huge jawbreakers. Where did you eat dinner?

Tammi Shepherd said...

Looks like tons of fun. It's great that you have so many concerts and plays where you are. You are lucky!

Nicole said...

We ate dinner at the famous CHEVY'S! Ha! So exotic! We basically just looked for something on the way to the concert. It was weird being there again - I haven't been there since I lived there when Dylan was born.

Gwen Hawkins said...

Fun!! I'm glad you had such a good time!

Mandy said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I am SO SO SO SO jealous that you saw Journey!!! I love all of those bands, but Journey is a fav for me. :)

Hope you stop by soon again!

tishelem said...

I wish you had a better picture of your amazing purse! Sooooo cute! Looks like you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have nightmares about that doll.

thanks nicole, thanks.

Amy said...

Thanks for visiting via SITS! I love your blog, and I will definitely be back. I love 80's music too, I know that concert had to be awesome! :D

Cortney said...

"Don't stop believin'..." Oh, I am soooo jealous. I will turn on my greatest hits CD and close my eyes and picture all the fun you had!!

Coopercomics said...

I loooooove Heart! I am so jealous...you two have so much fun together.

Anonymous said...

We should have taken a picture of our waiter at the Joe's Crab Shack. Better yet, we should have videoed the dance. "EYE CANDY" sweeter than the candy store. HA!HA!HA!

The Gage Cage said...

What a BLAST!!!! I can see why you missed photography class. We missed you. I'll be seeing you at the next one.