Friday, November 14, 2008

Flashback Friday: 2003 and today...My Oh My How Things Change


Here are my little ones in 2003 - Dylan is 2 and Zack 6. We were living in a little apartment in Kanab at the time, just the three of us.

And today - here they are. Dylan is 7 and Zack is nearly 11 years old. I'm not sure I was paying close enough attention - when did all this GROWING happen? Could someone please slow it down for me, just a little bit?


MY LITTLE ONE

My little one whose tongue is dumb,
whose fingers cannot hold to things,
who is so mercilessly young,
he leaps upon the instant things,

I hold him not. Indeed, who could?
He runs into the burning wood.
Follow, follow if you can!
He will come out grown to a man

and not remember whom he kissed,
who caught him by the slender wrist
and bound him by a tender yoke
which, understanding not, he broke.

- Tennessee Williams

3 comments:

Valerie said...

How cute were they 5 years ago?! And now growing into handsome young men! If it freaks you out how quickly that has gone, just wait until Zack is almost 18 - I promise it won't be easy (living it now - talking from experience!) Remember to enjoy every little moment - even the not so enjoyable. :)

Coopercomics said...

Oh..my..gosh! I remember Zack and Dylan like that. And I have to say that they have grown so much from just being here on the 4th of July! We are SO excited to see you guys in just a couple of weeks!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow thats crazy!! I miss you guys in Kanab, but I'm glad with the way things are now! Looks like next year you and I will be losers in the Cooper family world. I'm moving to Logan!