Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dylan Madsen's Day Off

I think I'm being played.

To be fair, Dylan HAS been sick. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday he had a pretty high fever and was quite groggy and definitely sick. This morning his temp was still up, but not as high as it has been. I asked how he felt, and he said he still felt sick, and wasn't ready to go to school. He was too sick.

So I said OK, he should stay home one more day, just to be sure.

All morning so far, he's been playing Wii, and acting and sounding like his normal, happy self, UNTIL I LOOK AT HIM.

Then he suddenly coughs.

I think I might have a mini-Ferris Bueller palm-licker on my hands.

Fishy.

I dunno - does he look sick to YOU?

He's definitely going to school tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amanda P. said...

Next time just take him to the Doctor's office....that's worse then school :)

Hey I see that you went to The Wrestler, how was it??

shel said...

My dear, you are officially being played. After 3 boys dodging school I know, at least he hasn't "created" his own vomit for you, left in a strategic spot!

Kathi said...

Hope you all get better soon!

Tiffany said...

Love it! Way to go Dylan! We've been sick over here too. Loie two weeks ago and McKay this past weekend. And now me . . . .not medically sick, just sick of my 2 year old's curiosity and tactics! The past two days it's like he's guzzled down Mountain Dew, he's in hyper mode. I can't keep up with him.

Glad you're feeling better.

Oh, and I'd have to say Hugh Jackman. :-)