Friday, March 27, 2009

Hey Oprah, Book Me Now.

My friend Sue (curse you, Sue!) told me about these delicious treats. It's her fault. Blame her.

Instructions: PB&J. Make as usual. Drop some butter in a frying pan, FRY the PB&J on both sides.

Best. Comfort food. Ever.

If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I had this for lunch today. I might have one for dinner, too. And possibly for every meal after that for the next three weeks or maybe forever. I am going to end up as one of those 800+ pound people on Oprah that they have to forklift to the hospital for gastric bypass surgery.

Do I get brownie points for NOT covering it in cinnamon and sugar on the outside, like Sue told me to do?

13 comments:

musingwoman said...

Interesting! I rarely cook but I think I could handle this. :)

(found you thru SITS)

Heather said...

Oh man, breakfast here I come!! May child may love me forever. Or not, he doesn't quite understand the beauty of frying yet!

Rebecca Jo said...

Fun fact... I've never had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich...EVER... I'm 37 yrs old - how funny is that!

Nicole said...

Rebecca Jo! I am on my way over! I'm making you one of these bad boys!

Wait...where do you live...?
;)

Mama Nut said...

Hello! Talk about turning something easy as can be into something divine! I'm totally trying one these...soon!

Jen said...

Oh why do the simply yummy things have to be so naughty. I am totally going to make one now.

Anonymous said...

Now I may just have one myself. Its not powdered sugar though, it's cinnamon and sugar. The kids think its a dessert. I also add bananas sometimes too. It's a beautiful thing.

Shannon said...

Oh, I haven't had a grilled PB sandwiches in a looooong time! I'd eat them when I was a kid... 'cause I don't like American cheese, so when my mom made grilled cheese sandwiches, she'd make a grilled PB one for me!

Janet said...

This sandwich looks so bad and yet...so good! I'll have to try it.

Wanted to let you know, I've newly discovered your blog, and I'm really enjoying it. I just left you an award over on my own page. :-)

Ali said...

Yes, curse you Sue! I am now in love with a sandwhich...and helllooooo fat pants. :)

Jill said...

Sue might want to check and see if she is still your friend - because I am and I urge you to be strong. I will not be watching when your show airs on Oprah. I will not be a party to your gastric demise. I'm bringing you a salad!

Nicole said...

Thank you Jill! A true friend! (No worries - I had this one and ONLY this one. I am thinking this should be a DESSERT item once in a great while. But it sure was good!)

Matt Madsen said...

I think you are on your way to being a Carnie! Deep fried twinkie, diet coke, deep friend PB & J. Deep fried funnel cake.....