Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback Friday and Do You Think They Knew it Back Then?

These are my parents in 1968. She was 17 (*gasp!* so young!) and he was 19. They got married the day after my mom graduated from Dixie High School, because that's the soonest that my grandparents would let them.

I wonder if they knew back then how it would all turn out. Do you think they knew they'd have 8 kids, survive their childrens heart surgery and knee surgeries and sports and their daughters divorces and marriages and grandchildren and heartache and joy and much more, all rolled up into one?

Nope - probably not.

(Missing my mom and pop a bit today.)

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

What a beautiful picture!

I do that myself - I'll look at it & think, "You had no idea what you were in for - did you?"... to look at innocent faces full of love...wow

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing photo! Your mom looks so pretty!

Ali said...

Aaaw! We have the best parents ever.

The Holland Family said...

Saw your sis (Emily) and Mia in the store today. She said you are coming for a visit. Hope you enjoy your vacation.

Sturgmom said...

I know I'm fairly new to your blog (since your SITS featured day), but I really love it. I gave you an award on my blog (to be published tomorrow). I'm just so organized I'm giving you advanced notice. Or warning. Otherwise I'll forget. You know... all that organization makes me forgetful. Anyway, thanks for writing!

Nicole said...

Thank you, thank you Sturgmom! So glad you come by to visit! I just checked out your blog and the lovey feeling is mutual :) Left you a comment over there too, but thought I would post one here just in case you take a look!

C. Leah said...

Wow! I love that picture! :)

Heidi said...

Beautiful picture of your parents1