Sunday, June 7, 2009

Me Lately

It's been a long few days.

Dr. V yanked my wisdom teeth out on Thursday (under anesthesia, thank goodness) and Matt has proved to be a great caretaker. He laughed at me and my still-groggy-loopiness all the way home from the oral surgeon, and has been right there with a frozen bag of peas for my jaw, yogurt to eat, and salt water to rinse whenever I have needed him. He is a good man.

I thought about posting pics of my wisdom teeth, but they're pretty nasty looking. You don't really want to see that, do you? Nah, I didn't think so.

I can honestly say that I am sick of mashed potatoes, which is something I really thought I would NEVER, EVER say.

And thanks to my friend Sue mentioning that she loved this show, I have now been sitting around for a few days developing a new addiction.

The Real Housewives of New Jersey. My new guilty pleasure. As if I needed another one.

On the healing front, my mouth still hurts, but it's getting better.

And now I only have 2 1/2 pain pills left, and I am contemplating as to whether Dr. V will think I am an addict or not if I call up to ask for just a few more...

4 comments:

Cortney said...

LOVE that show ... love it!!! Hope you are healing, and you aren't addicted until you start ordering the pills off the internet!!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

When I got my wisdom teeth out, I wasn't lucky enough to get knocked out. I was wide awake. I felt no pain, but I felt the tugging as they ripped my teeth out of my face. It was so gross!

I LIVED on pudding for about a week. Pudding and Advil.

And I'm sure your doc will understand if you only ask for a few more. Especially if he knows you're cutting them in half.

Unknown said...

I find that you can grind up the pain pill into a fine dust, then mix it into some orojel, and apply it with a q-tip. PAIN FREE AND LOTS OF FUN!

(actually, I've never tried that, but I'm sure it would be interesting.)

Sturgmom said...

Girl, get you some more pain meds! The DAY after my first baby was born (and I'd had an episiotomy), the nurse acted like I needed to be admitted to rehab b/c I asked for Vicodin instead of the 800 mg of MOTRIN they offered. I wasn't ashamed! And I went home with a 30-day supply.