Friday, July 3, 2009

The Great Beet Experiment

I've made no secret of my imagined hatred of BEETS. I've never eaten one, and never planned on eating one. They just did not appeal to me.


Until Zack recently challenged me to eat one. "Mom," he said, "You always tell me I have to try something at least ONCE."


Darn that boy. I think I liked him better when all he could say was "mama" and "yummmm," and thought everything I did was perfect.


So I tried a pickled beet today. It actually wasn't that bad.

Turns out I was making a big ol deal over a whole lotta nothin.'

Again - - - darn that boy.

7 comments:

Cammie said...

I hate when they turn your own rules back at you....try it at least once, no biting...umm, never mind
I like beets....

Coopercomics said...

I
Am
Speechless

Karen M. Peterson said...

Mmmm, I love beets!

Good for you for trying one, even if it was because your kid was using your own words against ya!

Amanda P. said...

Pickled ANYTHING is good. But I don't think I have tried beets ever. They just don't look right.

Kathi said...

mmmm. I love them on my salads - at restaraunts.

Anonymous said...

Well, I believe you, I guess. But I'm still not going to try a beet.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Doesn't it drive you crazy when the kids are logical for a change. I know it drives me nuts.