Thursday, December 17, 2009

Respect, A Christmas (I Mean Winter) Concert, and a Little Adam Sandler

Zack was chosen to be student of the month! His teacher chose him from all of his classmates because he exemplifies the pillar of RESPECT. Makes a mother proud.

He, along with the other three kids who were chosen from his grade, got to sit on the stage after having their names called and have their lunch, along with an ice cream treat, in front of the entire 5th and 6th grade. (I am still debating in my head whether that is a good reward or not. My "head" jury is still out on that one. Zack seemed to like it.) He also came home with a lotta loot in the form of gift certificates. Matt is a coupon kind of guy, so that went over pretty well at our house.

Hooray for Zack, the respectful one! He also gets props for calling me up on the stage to sit with him. One of the other moms came up to see her son and he told her NOT to sit down with him, he was too embarassed! Shame on that boy.


No, it's not a CHRISTMAS concert, folks! Say it with me...WIN-TER CON-CERT. The second graders put on a great concert singing their WINTER songs for us. Dylan especially liked the Hanukkah song. (Not the Adam Sandler version - the one where they count down the eight days. Though the Adam Sandler version would have been truly awesome.)

Look at him singing his heart out! What form! Nice open mouth! Focusing on the director! Do you think his mom is a voice teacher? Anyway, on the right are his two church buddies Jackie and Brynley. I love that they got to be next to one another.



Here's the whole 2nd grade. Dylan is smack in the middle with the big black arrow pointing at his head. I love Elementary concerts! Truly!

And just for fun, here's Adam Sandler's newest version of the Hanukkah song.

4 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I find it a bit ironic that a kid chosen for exemplifying respect disrespected his own mother like that...

Fun Chris---I mean, WINTER Concert. I agree, the Adam Sandler version would have been AWESOME.

Kathi said...

I think the girl in the back is checking him out.

Nicole said...

She is, Kathi! Wooo-hoo!

Nicole said...

And Karen, I hadn't thought of the irony, but you are definitely right about that! Rotten kid...