Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cookie Party!!

Yes, I finally did it! I have been wanting to host a cookie party for the couple of years now, and this year my friend Karsen and I finally decided to do it! We held it here at Madsen Ranch, and it was a lot of fun! Just lots of cookies and lots of girly-talk. It was nice to have a Saturday afternoon to get away from the holiday craziness for a bit and hang with the ladies.

We gave out a few silly awards at our party:
Cookie with the most unusual ingredient: Sue Ashcraft won that, for her Saltine Delights! They were SO good! Who would have thought you could use a saltine in a cookie??

Cookie most likely to be served in the Celestial Kingdom: Tishele Madsen won that one for her wedding cookies. (all white - get it??) Matt LOVES them.

Cookie most able to pass for a vegetable: Angie Person won this one for her pumpkin drop cookies. Sounds like a good side dish to me!

We served hot cider and ate cookies, and everyone took a LOT home to share with their families and neighbors. Success!!

Above: Rebecca, Sue, Barbara and Alison

Above: Karsen (with Emma!), Sarah and Richelle

The table looked beautiful with all the goodies. Karsen and Tishele are checking it out.


Hanna, sweet Emma and me!

2 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

You have so many fun ideas for parties and get-togethers!

Tiffany said...

So glad you did this! I did this a couple of years here in Louisville. I loved getting the new recipes. The ornaments hanging from the light look great!