Sunday, January 27, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Easy Cherry Cobbler

This recipe is SO easy and good, I had to post it! It's a great recipe with ingredients that I usually have on hand - made one for a friend the other week and then came home and made one for myself...I mean my family!! :o)


EASY CHERRY COBBLER

INGREDIENTS
1/4 c butter
1 c all-purpose flour
1 c white sugar
1 t baking powder
1 c milk
1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling (can substitute any pie filling here)
cinnamon to taste

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Place butter or margarine in a 2 qt. or larger baking dish and set on oven rack to melt
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir in milk.
3. remove baking dish from oven as soon as butter or margarine is melted. Pour flour mixture in the dish, but DO NOT STIR. Pour fruit evenly into the pan, and DO NOT STIR.
4. Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees, bake cobbler for 50 minutes, or until golden brown.

Let me know if you try it...enjoy!

0 comments: