Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Great Cookie Caper


I usually make some sort of dessert every Sunday night. This past Sunday Zack and I made peanut butter cookies. The recipe makes a lot, so we decided to take a plate of cookies to a ward member's house and pull the 'ol ding and ditch - we left the cookies on the porch, rang the doorbell and ran!
What fun!

Zack requested that he do it WITHOUT Dylan's help - a wise choice. I'm not sure that Dylan would have been very good at staying in hiding. So - Matt and Zack dropped the cookies, rang and ran. They then hid behind our Jeep down the road and waited for the door to be opened.

On the drive home, we talked about how it is nice to do random things for people without any recognition. It's not important that they know WHO gave them the cookies, only that someone cared enough to bring them a little surprise. A good lesson for all.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

mmmmmmm! Those look good! I wish I were your neighbor!

Amanda P. said...

How fun! I love those boys! (and you too)

PS and matt