Friday, February 15, 2008

Night at the Theatre

Matt and I went and saw the touring musical Gypsy on Wednesday night at the Saroyan Theatre. It was a great show! I was still feeling pretty poorly, but I doped up on cold and cough medication and tried to save my coughing for during the applause. The poor guy next to me only glanced over at me couple of times - he was very polite! I am sure he went home and sprayed himself head to toe with Lysol.

The show was a fun one - it's a musical based on the memoirs of Gypsy Rose Lee, the famous striptease artist during the time of the Great Depression. The actual lead of the show is her mother, Rose - the ultimate "stage mother"! The woman playing her was incredibly talented.

Next shows coming via our season tickets are Mamma Mia, Cats and Annie. I think I am going to take Zack to see Annie. (I don't think Matt will mind missing that one too much.)

Wicked still takes the cake, though!

4 comments:

Tammi Shepherd said...

I am so jealous that you have seen "wicked". I love the music from that one we listen to it all the time, but havent got to see the show yet. Maybe someday we will be where it is playing, we should have the songs memorized by then. You are lucky to live in a place that musicals are plenty.

Nicole said...

We went down to LA last summer to see Wicked. Definitely worth the trip!

Laura Edwards said...

Oh I miss seeing shows! It has been awhile since I've seen one! The last one we saw was Spamalot. I loved it. And I agree with you about Wicked, it is the best! I saw that show in LA a few years ago.

Anonymous said...

Wicked will ALWAYS be the best!!!! I loved it :)