Sunday, February 17, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Fabulous Baked Spaghetti

I have given this recipe to some of you already, I know. I thought I should add it to the recipes list on my blog because it is DEFINITELY one of our family favorites. I would say that I make this at least twice a month - very easy and VERY good.

Fabulous Baked Spaghetti

12 ounces spaghetti
1 t dried oregano
1 c chopped onions
3 c shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 c chopped green bell peppers
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound lean green beef
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
¼ c water
¼ c grated parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, cook as directed on package. Drain and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onions, green peppers and ground beef. Once beef is brown and onions and peppers are softened, add the tomatoes and oregano. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Place half of the spaghetti in the bottom of the pan. Top with half the meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups of cheese. Repeat. In a medium bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup with ¼ c water until smooth; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Ready in 1 hour

8-10 servings

0 comments: