Sunday, February 17, 2008

Zack's Webelos Hike

Zack and his cub scout group (the Webelos) went on a hike Saturday - about three miles. They started at their leader's house and ended up in our back yard, where they built a fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. They had a good turnout and all seemed to enjoy themselves. They are a bunch of great kids! Luckily the weather was just perfect for them. I enjoyed watching them all together - I couldn't help but think about these boys all growing up together, how important these relationships are now, and how important they will continue to be as they all grow to teenagers and then into missionaries. We are blessed to live in such a great area with truly wonderful people.

Here's Zack and his friend Nick, dueling with their weeny roasters :o)


The cat - hiding from all the kids up high in the barn

Some of the boys - round the campfire! (Zack on the right)


Here's Zack getting his hot dog ready for roasting.


Dylan even got in on the action a little! Yay!



The future leaders of our world!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like fun. I noticed the very green grass in the background and remembered my parents telling me yesterday that Spring had arrived there. We had a taste of it here today -- it even reached 69 degrees. But, Josh just informed me that the high for tomorrow is 28 and snow. No wonder I'm sick!

Keep sending pictures of the outdoors and I can enjoy it through you!
Can't wait to try the baked spaghetti. I know you've sent it to me but I can't remember if we tried it!

Tammi Shepherd said...

I too am noticing the nice green grass, and I am jealous that you have spring weather already.

It looks like you live in such a fun place with a big yard and barns and lots of fun things to keep little boys busy.

Send some spring our way, please!

Valerie said...

What a great time for the boys! It looks like you have a great Webelos leader! We are finishing up Danny's Arrow of Light requirements. He should be receiving that the end of this month! Then I'll have 2 down 1 to go with cub scouts!
As far as green grass - I'm expecting the greenest I've ever seen with all of the snow that has stayed on it this winter! We'll see! ;-) Enjoy yours for us!

Coopercomics said...

You are the most fun parents on the PLANET! I can tell by the smiles on the faces of all of the kiddos. Give yourselves a big pat on the back for me.