Sunday, March 2, 2008

The 52 Blessings Project: Week 10

Wow - hard to believe we are 10 weeks into the year already...


I am blessed beyond measure to be a primary chorister. There are not many things that I love more than music. I love all different types of music, different genre's, different singers, different sounds. I think that on or near the TOP of the list has to be the beauty of kids singing in primary. It is lovely in its simplicity and imperfection. I am sure that our Savior loves the sound of His children singing praises to Him, which is why I frequently feel his presence in primary. I am blessed to have a very LARGE primary - about 130 kids all together - and it can be trying, but I love this fun calling, and I feel blessed to be responsible for teaching them the songs of the church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

130???? Wow. There were 3 girls in YW today...And that's the most we've had in I can't even remember! I think your primary beats our 15 kids....Possibly.

Valerie said...

You do have an awesome calling! Primary chorister was one of my favs! To hear the primary children sing, melts my heart and brings tears often. Although, I'm not the chorister, I LOVE being in primary each week to hear the children sing! I'd be ok if we did away with sharing time and had singing time the whole time!!!!