Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday Tell-All: What NOT to Wear

My mission, should I choose to accept it, is this:

Trends are fun at the time, but can later come back to haunt us. Think overalls, high waisted jeans and pegged pants.

This week's assignment is to pick an item from your wardrobe that you love now, but think in five years will fall into that category (or already does).

Hmmm...What NOT to Wear...

I went through my wardrobe very carefully, looking for something that fit into this category. I was EXTREMELY trendy in my teens and in my 20's. I was the first to wear leggings under my miniskirt, totally rocked the banana clip, loved the leg warmers look in middle school, and could peg my pants and rat my bangs like nobody's business. This may surprise some, but since then have become quite conservative with my clothing. I regularly go through my closet and get rid of things I haven't worn in a while. After looking through my wardrobe, I thought, "Well, I can honestly say that there is nothing in here that is all that trendy right at this moment."

And then I looked down.

At the bottom of my closet sit my Crocs. I love my Crocs. We are a Croc family. I was the first to go down the path of the Croc, soon to be followed by my son Zack, then Dylan, and then Matt finally fell prey to the power of the Croc. These are the most comfortable shoes on the planet, but MAN, are they ugly. I am sure the day will come when I say "WHAT was I thinking, wearing those shoes??"

But for now, my feet are REALLY comfy :o)


3 comments:

Tammi Shepherd said...

That is so funny because I love mine too, but they are Ugly.

I remember the first time I saw someone wearing them thinking, man those are ugly, but if they are that comfy I dont mind being ugly.

Amanda P. said...

BOO to the croc!!! BURN THE CROCS!!!

Nicole said...

You have just never TRIED them, Manda Panda. Come over to the dark side!