Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday Tell-All: Made by Hand

I don't make many things by hand. Of course, I am a big fan of handmade things, and I always sign up for MANY projects at our ward's yearly craft-making extravaganza, but I am mostly a copycat when it comes to things like that. There are a few things that I have made that I truly love, but most of the handmade things I treasure are the simple things made by my children. I love anything they make - from simple scribbles to elaborate artwork (as long as it is NOT on the wall).

Dylan made this simple coloring on easter Sunday during sacrament meeting. Jesus on the cross. Very sweet, and I was happy to see that Jesus was NOT holding a light saber.


Dylan made this necklace this year in kindergarten. They were talking about Africa at the time. I love all the fun things they make in Kindergarten!


I adore self-portraits! Zack made this last year in 3rd grade. It is always interesting to me to see how kids see themselves. He looks like a happy kid here in this picture, and I don't see skulls, fire and flames leaping up behind him...we must be doing ok so far!


This last hand made item is also from Zack's 3rd grade year. This was a project that took a while to write. The teacher gave them the beginning of a sentence and then they put it all together as a poem at the end. Great insight into the very interesting mind of little Zack. Seems the kid has girl issues... (Click on the picture to make it bigger and read the poem.)


Treasures, all.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

LOL! Zack is awesome! Keep that poem forever then when he is totally into girls, you pull that out for him and remind him how he once felt about them! I'm still laughing - too funny!!!