Thursday, May 15, 2008

The 52 Blessings Project: Week 20


I love Dylan's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Lambert! She is such a blessing to Dylan and our family. At the beginning of this year, Dylan was not doing as well as he should have been with reading and other skills. Mrs. Lambert jumped right in and arranged for a "Student Study Team" to meet and brainstorm about what might be best for Dylan. Matt and I attended this meeting, and Mrs. Lambert was fiercely protective of Dylan, making sure that he got just what he needed (a little extra help) and that the group followed through with evaluating him. It was awesome! I got a little teary-eyed, I was just so grateful to her.

Dylan has grown by leaps and bounds this year, and I am so very thankful to Mrs. Lambert and all the other teachers out there who go the extra mile to help our children. I know that any other teacher that Dylan has in the future has some really big shoes to fill. We have been blessed to have her in our lives.

1 comments:

Sarah Greener said...

wow, what a great teacher. too bad that there are not more like her!