Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ThE 20 YeAr ReUnIoN

I know it's hard to believe, with my youthful good looks and all, but I recently attended my 20-year high school reunion. Ca-razy that it has been that long. It was fun to see folks again. The good old Kanab High School days were fantastic and I always enjoy going back. I got to see the football players, the cheerleaders, my fellow Executive Council members, my drama buddies, music people, the guy that made me think I might DIE if he didn't love me, and many more friends. Interesting, the perspective and hindsight 20 years can bring.


We started off the reunion business with a float in the 4th of July parade. I got up a little late and tried to opt out of riding on the float. No such luck. I was spotted on the sidelines by Heidi and soon Allen and Shaun came OFF the float, running toward me. I went willingly with them and rode the rest of the way. (I'm no dummy. Allen would have picked me up and that would not have been pretty.) After the parade, got to see the aforementioned guy that I thought I'd die without - turns out I'm still alive without him. Go figure.

(my cute sisters, Ali and Savannah, at the parade)

Next morning was a breakfast with classmates and their families. Bunch of really good looking kids running around. Fun to see everyone's children and eat bacon.


That night we had an adults only (no pole dancing, though) dinner at the fairly new Kanab Middle School. Chatted with everyone and enjoyed myself. Glad I took the camera, since it seemed no one else brought one. Appointed myself as the photographer for the evening. Everyone looks great - older and wiser. Fun to see what everyone has become over the past 20 years. Lawyers, businessmen and women, moms and dads, nurses, teachers, ranchers. All very cool.

All in all, I am glad I attended the reunion. Several of my closest KHS friends couldn't make it though, and I really missed seeing Val, Tammi, McKay, Kyle and Jed, along with others who weren't able to be there for one reason or another. Of course I thought a lot of my great friend Jennifer, who passed away a few years back. Still miss her.

The girls


The guys


The class of 88 Reunion attendees


Those who went to school together from Kindergarten until HS graduation.

KHS was a great place to go to school. Can't beat the small town atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing what the 25-year reunion brings. Go Cowboys!

4 comments:

Tammi Shepherd said...

I am so glad you took your camera and took pics so we that couldn't be there can at least see some of the fun we missed. Looks like everyone had a great time.
How's the job going? Great I hope!
I had to laugh about the eat bacon sentence on your blog. Too funny!

Amanda P. said...

Looks like a good ol time! I can't believe all of your closest buds weren't there!! Party poopers.

Valerie said...

Thanks for taking and posting pics Nicole! I do wish I could have been there!!! Do you have more pics you could upload to kodak so we can see them all? Hopefully I won't be moving in 5 years so I can make it to the 25th reunion! HOPEFULLY I'll get to see you before that though! Love ya!

Kathi said...

So which one is the guy you thought you would die for?
Looks like a fun time.