Thursday, July 10, 2008

Independence Day - Kanab Style (Also my 52 Blessings Project Week # 27)


It's been a few years since we've been in Kanab for the 4th of July - we got to go this year since it was my 20 year reunion. I love Kanab on the 4th! It's the BEST place to be, and Kanab is why the 4th of July is my all-time favorite holiday. Small town pride at its best. I am so blessed to have spent my Middle School and High School years in a great place like Kanab!

We started the day at the parade - I cannot remember ever seeing SO many people attending the parade before. It was great! I kind of enjoyed listening to someone ELSE sing the National Anthem to start it all off (but then again, I secretly missed doing it myself, just a little bit...)

My beautiful sisters, Savannah, Ali and Sarah


Sadie and her cute fireworks-style hair. I love it!


My sis Emily and Mia enjoying the parade


Later that night - right out the my parents back yard for the fireworks. They have a PERFECT view of all the action. It was like our own personal fireworks show! (I even think Matt was a teeny bit impressed. Not bad for a small town!) I didn't get any pics of the BIG fireworks, because I was inside with Dylan watching them from a window (*sigh*). He still hates the noise. I am ready for him to grow out of this phase!! I did get some great pictures of the kids with their sparklers, though. Sparklers are always a ball!

Katelyn, Zack and Ivy having a "sparkler duel"


Kelly having fun


Sammy loved it, too!


My brother DJ was busy handing out the sparklers. Grandma Cooper in the background!


Happy Birthday, America!

4 comments:

Gwen Hawkins said...

looks like a blast! Glad you had fun! hey, help me convince Rebecca Parkin to start a blog. I was teasing her at the gym this morning. :)

Cortney said...

I didn't grow out of the "scared of firewroks" phase until I was like 11. And I am still slightly frightened of sparklers... Next year Dylan and I can watch from inside together!

Cortney said...

FIREWORKS

Anonymous said...

Yes, Gwen was teasing me, and if I can get over my Techno-Retard Disease, I'll dive in to the world of blogging.

Although, I must say, I love spying on my friends and their families through their blogs. Now, that's addicting. Please call me "SpyBlog."