Saturday, August 9, 2008

Family Vacation, Part II: the San Diego Zoo

We had a fun-filled day at the San Diego Zoo. I had actually never been to this zoo, so I was way excited to see it. It was HOT and a lot of the animals were hiding in the shade a bit (smarter than us!) but we saw a lot of cool critters and enjoyed our day.

Mountain lion. He was pacing and pacing. I think he was looking at us like we were his DINNER.


Always love seeing the elephants! This one was giving himself a dirt bath. It was quite entertaining!


"Won't you step into my parlor?" said the spider to the fly...


The tram was a BIG hit. We rode on this several times!


My boys in front of the zoo. Dylan is doing his Statue of Liberty pose. Don't ask - I don't know.


Zack and Dylan. Notice the big fat scary snake in the background. Reminded me of the first Harry Potter book...I half expected the glass to disappear!


Baby Panda in the tree. SOOOO cute!


Dylan got his face painted. He loved it. I spent the rest of the day reminding him NOT to smoosh his face all over my shirt.


The Zackaroo. A rare and exotic creature. Rarely seen in the wild.


Dylan and his long lost brother, Monkeyfaced Dylan.

A great day was had by all!

1 comments:

Talynn said...

we were just there last saturday! when were you?