Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Am I Just Getting Old, or What?

OK, I like to think of myself as pretty darn progressive. I keep up with current music and fashion and what's going on in the world. I even like a little rap music now and then. But there is something I just don't get...

Lil Wayne is a very popular rapper. I actually even like some of his stuff (if cleaned up a bit). This past week I watched both the MTV music video awards (which was a waste of time) and Saturday Night Live (never a waste of time). Lil Wayne performed on both shows.

Dude, what's with the pants??? I understand the baggy pants thing, and the showing of the waistband of the undies...that's not offensive to me (unless my kids try to do it, that's a whole other story for another day...) but WHY oh WHY do you have to have your pants COMPLETELY under your bum? I don't understand this. The pants don't fit right. You can't walk correctly. You walk like a penguin when they are that low. You are constantly grabbing your pants to make sure they don't come down in the front, too.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Stop the madness! Pull up your pants!!

4 comments:

Cortney said...

Hahhahahaha! This makes me laugh. Baggy pants were super 'in' when Steven and I were in high school. The first time he came over to my house, my dad said, "Hey Russell, looks like you have a load in your pants!!" My dad didn't care for the look either!

Amanda P. said...

Yeah the vma's kinda sucked this year! I didn't even watch the whole thing because it was boring. They needed more rock bands performing!

Coopercomics said...

I heard that the super baggy pants thing started with people that would get out of prison. I guess they didn't let them wear belts in prison, because they could hurt someone. So, when the thugs would get out they would just keep wearing the pants like that as a sign of, "hey I did hard time, don't mess with me." I think that I read it in Newsweek or maybe it was on Extra. Either way, it is highly annoying.

Rebecca said...

She's right. It's funny to see the 'lil gangstas at my school who are like -- 14 -- wearing these pants -- as if they did hard time.