Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Little Drummer Boy

5th grade is the year that Zack can sign up for band. What instrument did he choose? "Duh, Mom. I want to play the DRUMS, of course." Of course! What else would he choose?? Now we have a pianist/percussionist. I couldn't be happier.


The next Tommy Lee

I used to play the clarinet. I was actually really good at it. Some days I am sorry that I didn't keep up with it when I got the high school. I was waaaay too cool to be in the band. (Pure silliness.) Who in the world decided that band wasn't cool? I really would like to know that. Truly.

4 comments:

Coopercomics said...

I do believe that it was Eddie Haskel from the show "Leave it to Beaver" that decided that it was un-cool to be in band in high school.

The Gage Cage said...

When I was in high school it was the band-o's that were trouble. The jocks didn't do things nearly as crazy as the band-o's. Just like every other group, some were cool...some weren't.

Anonymous said...

so glad I found your blog! I LOVE the pictures of your boys! Drums, well-dosent everyboy go though that phase? I have a set in my garage! (The neighbors love me) If he sticks with it in highschool he will be such a babe magnet-drummers were always excuded from the old band geek rule.

Talynn said...

I played the drums in 5th-8th grade. loved it! was in the marching band at kastner, loved it and miss it! :)