Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Am A Walking Info-mercial

I have wanted one of THESE for a long time:

WHY, you ask? My mom used to make pancake puffs all the time when I was a kid. Only then, they were were not called pancake puffs. They were called ebelskeevers. (Forgive the spelling. I am sure I totally butchered it.)

My sweet husband saw one on sale, and knowing that I REALLY REALLY wanted one, he bought it for me. (To be fair, he is a sucker for kitchen gadgets, so I am sure he was just as excited as I was to have one.) Used it for the first time this morning.

Here we are, before the first flip:


And after the flip...isn't this EXCITING???


Done. Ta-da! Beautiful, and OH so good.
So, does my pancake puff-pan make me happy?

Why yes. Yes it does :)

It is SO choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

11 comments:

Coopercomics said...

Emily just bought your dad a new pan because his old one was rusty and you mom threw it away..I have been wanting to try it out...but it IS his brand new ebelskiver pan, and he should be the first one to use it..ugh, now after reading your post I REALLY can't wait. BOO. ;) That picture of you is waaaaaaay cute. and nice job with the Ferris closing line. Love it

Talynn said...

PANCAKE PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WANTING ONE OF THOSE FOREVER!!!!! I saw it at target last week, and hinted to Chris that I wanted it for Christmas!!! :)

Anonymous said...

My kids are begging for THE PANCAKE PUFF! but like many kitchen gadgets I've bought, I was so sure that it wouldn't work. Thanks for the demo! Now I know what my kiddos are getting for Christmas!!!

Gwen Hawkins said...

ok, that is soooooo cool!! I want one!! Where did Matt find it???

Nicole said...

Matt found the pan in a wonderful place of warmth and light....TARGET!

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

Those are my absolute favorite!!! We make them every general confrence !! I got our pan at sur la table in River Park for those who might be looking for one.

Tammi Shepherd said...

Looks yummy is there a special recipe for them or is it just pancake mix.

Nicole said...

Hey Tammi - just regular pancake mix! Easy! You can also put filling in them if you want to, but I am not that adventurous yet.

Anonymous said...

oh, i'm sorry, i can't come to the door. I'm afraid that in my weakened conditions, i could take a nasty spill down the stairs, subjecting myself to further school absences. You can reach my parents at their places of business...I appreciate your concern for my well being. Have a nice day!

Nicole said...

Hahahaha Savy you make me laugh! I love you, sister!

The Gage Cage said...

Looks yummy!!!!!!