Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Priceless

Whew. I'm home. What an exhausting/wonderful/heart wrenching/healing few days it's been. I traveled to St. George on Sunday night to be at Uncle Matt's funeral in Pine Valley. Had a few travel hiccups on the way - delayed flights, missed shuttles - but all fell into place and I got there with just enough time to run through my song ONCE before the service. Thank goodness for Marlo the amazing accompanist and friend. She and I are soul mates, truly...I love to sing with her. The song went very well - I did not fall apart as feared, but instead was carried through it by a power higher than me, thanks to a blessing that Matt gave me before I left, and many prayers offered on my behalf. I am truly blessed.

I got to spend some wonderful time with my Aunt Mace, and my cousins Laura and MJ. I love them all so much. I went with the intention of buoying them up, but they were the ones who buoyed ME up instead. They are truly amazing people, and I am so blessed to have them as my family. We got to talk about Uncle Matt and laugh about all the good times. That's just what I wanted to do. It was a good trip.

Then today I got to come home to THESE little faces:


Dylan even had tears in his eyes when he hugged me. I SO love these boys.

Breakfast meal-deal in the Las Vegas airport: $7.19
Shuttle to St. George that I MISSED on the way there: $35.00
Knowing that I have an eternal family, and that I can and will be with them all again: PRICELESS

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm so glad everything went well for you! If you missed the shuttle, how did you get there?
As for the boob - it's Jess'. Much more young and perky than mine! :)

Nicole said...

My cousin Amelia came to my rescue! Thank goodness! Marlo and I ran through the song ONCE before performing, and it went perfectly. She is amazing.

Sarah Greener said...

Wow, crazyness. I am glad that you made it though and sorry to hear about your uncle! You do have some pretty awesome boys! Hey did the prop. 8 pass in california? I havent heard.

Nicole said...

Prop 8 passed! Whew!