Monday, November 17, 2008

My OTHER Boys

No, I'm not talking about THESE boys...


I'm talking about THESE boys...

Say hello to my 54 (or so) teenage tenors. They are a glorious sight to behold.

For the third year running, I am a section leader for the annual Stake Youth Musical. This means rehearsals 3 nights a week for a month, teaching a choir section at least 8 new songs, while Matt takes over at home. My first year, they gave me the male leads (a nice way of saying "boy sopranos"). My second year, I had about 70 soprano girls. This year, I have the terrific tenors. A bunch of hormonal, talkative, wonderful teenager tenors.

And man oh man, you should hear them SING. Time well spent.

2 comments:

Bartman said...

Holy cow, and I thought being Scoutmaster was bad! How do you get that many kids to attend a choir practice? I couldn't get that many youth from my stake to a Hannah Montana Concert...well bad example, but that is IMPRESSIVE! Good luck, wish I could hear 'em.

Nicole said...

They LOVE it! The musical is a BIG deal here, so all the kids come out. It's amazing!