Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight...at Midnight!

I decided to channel my inner teenager last night and attend the midnight showing of the Twilight movie with a bunch of friends. I'm so glad I did! Even though I am sure I will hit the wall around noon today, I am glad I stayed up half the night to go. Besides really enjoying the movie, I had a ball with some of my very best friends. We took some teenagers with us so we'd look legit.

Adults L to R: Sue, Melissa, Monique and ME
Teens L to R: Ali, Brooke, Taylor and Courtney

It was fun to be there with a VERY enthusiastic crowd - to hear the swooning over Edward when he first appeared, to hear cheering when Jacob is shown, and to hear the collective gasp when famous lines were said. I was happy to see that the movie was extremely true to the book - more so that just about any other book-turned-movie I have ever seen.

And yes ladies...Edward really is that beautiful.

5 comments:

Supercool Hotmama said...

Ah yes! When the movie began and every theatre in the place(all 24) burst into applause - SO FUN!

SITS rocks!

Amanda P. said...

Ok I agree! I am so happy that I liked the movie. And Edward was OH SO GOOD :) Very very hot. And the parts that strayed away from the book were no big deal at all. Now I need to see it again!!

The Clevelands said...

We went to the midnight showing also... and at times I was a little embarassed to be in there because of all the crazy girls... then I realized that I was just as crazy about Edward as they were!!! I want to go see it again!

Coopercomics said...

It was such a fun experience! I swear that we all got mobbed because we were wearing "I love Edward Cullen" t shirts. So funny. I did wish that I was a silly teenager, so I could feel it like they do...but I liked it just fine as a 31 year old. :)

Angie Cleveland said...

I couldn't agree more. Loved it!!!