Friday, February 6, 2009

Flashback Friday: Dixie Daze

I have recently reconnected with some LONG LOST Dixie College friends on Facebook. I have a testimony of the goodness of Facebook, but that's another post for another day. It's been fun looking back at all the college craziness. The best of friends!

Get ready for some serious 80's pictures. You have been warned.

Nicole and Matt in 1990. We had already broken up by this point, but were still friends. Disclaimer: we are wearing CHOIR uniforms. I was forced to wear this shirt. It was NOT a choice!


L to R: Erin, Bart, PJ and me. We were goofing off and doing some sort of U2 pose with POPSICLES, of all things. So weird! I don't think I could get my hair that big again even if I tried.

Charlie's Angels! We were in Southern California on either choir tour or a Drama trip. Not sure which. L to R: ME, Shelly, Aurora, Natalie.


This is a Sadie Hawkins dance in 1988. My date Del and I are in the teal shirts in the middle. Good times. Del is now the Dean of Students at Dixie State...time flies! I guess we all have to grow up at some point. I am still waiting!


Pirates of Penzance in 1989. This is Frederick, Mabel, and all the General's daughters. I am in the middle. Can you find me? Dig my bonnet, baby.


Me with really big hair. You are jealous, I know. I could work a can of Aqua Net Extra-Super Hold like nobody's business.


Dixie's production of West Side Story - here are the Jet girls! Woo-woo. I am on the far right in a lovely shade of brown.


Ahh, it's good to look back every now and then.

2 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Oh the days when we were skinny w/ big hair! I think Kristi won the prize for the biggest bangs...remember? You've got to find some of all of the roomies and post them. So darn funny. Lisa had some great shots I remember. You have to remember Sam Stucki... do you? I couldn't believe I crossed paths w/ him and remembered from where.

I'm a blogacholic. Looks like you are doing good in California. Cute boys. Love, Nicole Holland

Rebecca said...

Too fun to reminisce. Although I wouldn't trade my life NOW for anything, I do miss the freedom of being a goofy, not-a-care-in-the-world, dorm-livin' co-ed.

PS. You need a bumper sticker that reads: "My 80's hair was bigger than your 80's hair." I think you win the prize for that one!