Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Tell-All: 5 Words


It's National 'Words Matter' Week! Did you know?

Yeah, neither did I.

BUT - in the spirit of National 'Words Matter' Week, I give you the 5 of the words that matter most to me, and more importantly, why they matter.

FAMILY
I know. "Duh!" you say. I love my family more than any amount of words can express. This of course includes my husband and two boys, as well as my siblings, parents, in-laws, cousins...all of them. They are what make me who I am, and I am fiercely loyal to all of them.

ETERNITY
I know that I can be with my family (see above) forever. This is a knowledge that gives me great comfort. Hard to comprehend, but I am so, so grateful. Matt and I get to gaze into one anothers eyes forEVAH! Wahoo!

QUIET
Now, by nature, I am NOT a quiet person. (I just heard 15 of you go "No kidding!") But I think it is important to sit back every once in a while and just be still. I have found that in quiet moments I usually come up with my best ideas. Quiet allows me to reflect, to mourn, to find a little peace in an otherwise loud and hustle-bustle kind of day. I love one-on-one quiet time with my children. It is then that we discuss the value of one Pokemon over another, or have a lengthy discussion about who was the most powerful Sith - Count Dooku or Darth Maul? Priceless quiet moments.

FRIENDSHIP
Where would I be without my posse?? I have been lucky to make and maintain great friendships through the years. They keep me sane!

BEAUTY
No, I'm not talking about hair and make-up. I am talking about nature. I try to look up and around every once in a while and appreciate the little things - clouds, sky, mountains, grass...and I hope I am passing that along to my boys. I know my parents passed their appreciation of nature along to me. Thanks mom and dad!

Happy 'Words Matter' week to all!

2 comments:

Amanda P. said...

Quiet would have to be one of my favorites too! It is weird how you appreciate some quietness once you get older. I remember mom always wanting to turn off the tv for "a little piece and quiet" I used to think she was nuts!! Now I totally understand...scary!

Nicole said...

I know - we are becoming Mom. It's inevitable.