Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's Good to be Oblivious.

Conversation with Zack (as related to me by Aunt Tishele)...


Zack (from the other room): Mom.

Mom: (no response)

Zack (still from the other room): MOM!

Mom: (still no response)

Zack(STILL from the other room): MOM!

Mom: (No response. Totally oblivious.)

Zack, turning to Tishele to say with a sigh: Hang on a second. She only hears me when I touch her.

Zack, now touching mom lightly on the shoulder: Mom?

Mom: What, Zack?
*****************************
Ladies and gentlemen, I have now perfected the art of totally and completely tuning out my children.

5 comments:

C. Leah said...

I can relate...and mine are still little!

But in my defense, Jakey (who is almost 3) calls my name all.day.long. ;)

Pam said...

Who knew you were tuning them out. I just thought you were teaching them not to scream for you from another room. And all along I was thinking, she is brilliant. I need to do that, but I get too annoyed listening to them shout for me. And what I really need to do is learn to tune them out. You ARE brilliant.

Ali said...

Blame Mom.

Unknown said...

That is so rad. That has to be the MOST rad thing I've read all day.

tishelem said...

Zack really is a funny, but observant guy!!