Sunday, May 3, 2009

Graduation and Braggin' a Little About My Sister

This is my younger sister Ali. Ali just graduated from Dixie State College, and is moving on to USU for her Bachelors in Elementary Education. She is amazing. Beautiful, smart, talented and funny. And I love her.
Ali is coming here tomorrow to spend a week with us. When we go places together, I am sure people think she's my daughter. After all, I am 19 years older than her. I was actually attending Dixie when she was born. I am old enough to be her (young) mom.
If she were a rotten kid, people thinking she was mine might bother me.
But since she's pretty great, I'm totally OK with that.

13 comments:

The Holland Family said...

She is definitely a keeper. Love that girl! Congrats too her. I can't believe she is that old.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Congratulations to Ali on her outstanding accomplishments. We need more great girls like her going into education!! Teachers ROCK!

Gwen Hawkins said...

How fun that will be! She's beautiful just like you!

Ali said...

Pretty nice? Just pretty nice? haha jk Love you!

Nicole said...

OK Ali - AMAZINGLY great! Fantastic! Wonderful! Better...? Hee hee

Karen M. Peterson said...

I know what you mean. My little brother is graduating from high school in a few weeks. People think he's my kid, even though there's only 14 years between us. So, yeah, that's fun!

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful that you keep a close relationship even with age differences! I'm hoping my 2 older girls will keep that with their 2 wee bro's.

Have a good week!

Ali said...

Hmmmmm Yeah ok I guess I'll take amazingly great, fantastic, and wonderful. haha

Amanda P. said...

I just found out this morning that Ali is headed out there, how fun!! You guys planning anything outrageous?? Tattoos?? Piercings?? Haha.

By the way. I really liked The Wrestler! We also watched Marley and Me, and Doubt. It was a movie weekend. They were all VERY good movies.

Nicole said...

Oh yes - definitely going and getting matching tattoos. Manda, how did you GUESS? Ha ha ha :)

Coopercomics said...

I hope that you guys have a fantastic week! Spring in Cali sounds dreamy...I am jealous. Love ya!

Nicole said...

Alexis - come visit any time!

Laura Edwards said...

Congrats to Ali! I am sad that I wasn't able to go to the graduation :(