Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

Tomorrow, May 28th, I turn 39 years old.

No, seriously.

Me and my "Mork" suspenders in 1980 or 81. (If you don't know who "Mork" is, you are too young to ready my blog. Thanks for stopping by.)

I know that 39 is one of those ages people "say" they are, but I will really be in my very last year of my 30's. Kind of hard to believe, actually. I know it sounds like a total cliche, but 39 sounds a lot older than I actually feel.

It's been an interesting life so far. Three marriages, two divorces, more moves that I can count, church callings, up and down dress sizes, two pregnancies, two births, and the journey continues. I can't complain. It's certainly been interesting so far.


Me in 1986 in Fiddler on the Roof as "Hodel." I was 16 years old and thought I was pretty darn fantastic.

Me in 1987 in the Miss Kane County pageant. I am #8. I didn't win but had a great time showing my stuff. Lots of poofy dresses and big hair. Ahh, the 80's.


My boys in 2004. Love being their mom more than anything in the world.


That's me in the center - back in my corporate ladder climbing, hot single mom with blonde hair, art exhibit planning days.



Me and my prince charming in 2005

Happy birthday to me. Should I do anything exciting to mark my FINAL year in the 30's?

21 comments:

RebeccaMom said...

I will be 39 in june and I definitely remember the mork suspenders! :) Happy Birthday!

shel said...

Happy Birthday Coley!! I have been 39 for 3 months and I still haven't done anything exciting-maybe we shall do something together. I refuse to think I am old!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Happy FIRST 39th birthday!

I don't have any brilliant suggestions for how to spend it, but if you come up with something great, I may steal it when it's my turn!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my ... I totally had Mork suspenders myself! They even had the button with the finger pointing on them!!! You look like Drew Barrymore in that picture!!!

Love all the pics - especially all the BELLE dresses from the pagenant! I remember prom dresses being like that! Wouldnt kids die today?

Do something this year to celebrate - something you never thought you could do - a vacation on your own, run a marathon, dye your hair purple! Something FUN - unexpected!!!!

Have a fantastic Birthday!!!

Kelly said...

Hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jaden Paige said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! Do something risque and FAB! ;)

PS: I know who Mork is!!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Happy birthday! Love the mork suspenders.....and yes, I know who he is!

Unknown said...

OMG. You TOTALLY look like Drew Barrymore in your Mork suspenders. SO FRIGGIN' CUTE!!!!

Nicole said...

Well, I like the Drew Barrymore thing, especially since Matt LOVES Drew Barrymore! NICE! ;)

Angie said...

I can't believe you're 39. You're gonna be like your mom and never show your age! Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

Im right behind you in august! Sorry I missed dinner-hope you have a great b-day! Love the pics-have to agree with the drew thing in the suspenders-too cute! And wow-the corporate ladder pic-didnt recognize you as a blonde! Happy birthday!

Rebecca said...

Yes, I did pick a truly FABULOUS day to be born . . . I can smell those sweet potato fries and ya know what?? Screw what my doctor says!! I'm eating them and my cake, too.

Wow! You are one hot mama -- love the blond -- I first met you as a blonde . . .

Do something crazy in your 39th year like buy the house around the corner from me.

Sturgmom said...

Happy birthday!! I have a friend who went skydiving for her 30th. You could do that for 40!

Matt Madsen said...

Happy Birthday! Feliz Cumpleanos! Boas Festas! In any language celebrate! To my lovely wife.... all of the best this last year before you join the 40 something club.

We're going to Max's tonight. Fun times.

The Clevelands said...

A very young 39 you are! Happy Birthday Nicole! Hope you have a great day.

Karsen said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!!! You should come down to Orange County to celebrate! I know a cozy little place you could stay.... :) Have a great day! (And by the way, do you still have that pageant dress? That could go for a pretty penny on the 80's attire black market....)

Kathi said...

Happy Birthday!!

Laura Edwards said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday)

Nicole said...

Thank you everyone!! :)

Jams68 said...

DO EVERYTHING!!! In the 40's u will be spending time and money updating Life insurance policies, getting thicker reading glasses, back braces, posture sealic mattresses and hot flashes. On the positive note u will take more meaningful and expensive vacations, drive better cars and not care as much about what people think of you. And just think...in 10 years u will be illegible for AARP. Hang in there my friend.

Anonymous said...

funny how people comment about how they don't know you as a blond. You were my beautiful blond 3 year old. Mom