Monday, June 29, 2009

I can see clearly now!


Summer time brings the heat in the central valley. To beat the heat we frequent the water park or go to the relatives that live nearby to go swimming. The boys love to swim, and we try to go a couple of times a week.

A couple of years ago, Z figured out how cool it is to see underwater using a diving mask. He has a mask, snorkel and flippers that he uses to explore around the pool. He has not discovered the true adventure of snorkeling in the ocean and seeing fish and other sea creatures. In due time.

D kept resisting the use of a mask or goggles in the pool. He didn't like how it covered his nose. This summer he said he was going to use his goggles (mask) when he went swimming. After trying it he threw them on the pool deck and was frustrated. I said "Fine, don't use them then, we'll give them to one of your cousins to use at their pool." We went on swimming and the next thing I know he is swimming around with his mask on. He said, "Wow! Everything is closer to me when I look under water." He was excited. He wants to take them swimming all of the time now. Hurray for summertime.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yahoo to my sweet husband for posting! Love you, Mateo. :)

The pic of the two of them in their masks is PRICELESS!

Sturgmom said...

That's so awesome!! There was no way my oldest was going to put his head under water until he discovered the goggles that cover his nose. Now he'll do practically anything in the pool!

Kathi said...

Hooray for relatives with pools! I've heard it's been HOT!!

Unknown said...

I'd have to say that those masks are the perfect accessory, both in and out of the water!