Saturday, February 9, 2008

Coughing, Fever and Libyan Terrorists

Well, I called it. Dylan got better and went back to school on Friday - - Zack and I waved goodbye to him as he got on the bus. That's right, Zack got "the bug", and so did I.

So - Zack and I settled in for a nice long day of lounging on the sofa wrapped in blankets, coughing our guts out, drinking clear liquids and watching a movie marathon. What movies, you ask? Why, I introduced my 10-year old movie loving boy to the 80's trilogy masterpiece that is Back to the Future.

I had so much fun (between coughing fits) seeing all three movies again through his eyes! I laughed when I saw the van full of terrorist "Libyans" pulling up...every time my sister and I saw a VW van like that, we always cried out, "It's the Libyans!!" I sent her a text to see if she remembered, and she STILL says that when she sees one, although those vans are few and far between these days. Ahh, memories.

Illness report: we are on the mend - Matt is announcing a wrestling tournament all day today, and I called a friend of Dylan's so he could get out of the house and play over there for a while. The Zackster and I are still in lounging mode, but our coughing jags are fewer, and the fevers are mostly gone. We will survive.

As for our day of movie madness, I'll close with a quote by good ol Biff Tannen:

Since you're new here, I'm gonna cut you a break... today. So, why don't you make like a tree...and get out of here?

2 comments:

by: Kim said...

You have been tagged. Check out Kim Willoughby's blog.

Valerie said...

So sorry to hear of your ills! I'm glad you are all on the mend though! I loved Back to the Future! Oh, the good ole' days!