Thursday, March 13, 2008

The School of Dylan

Dylan set up some "stations" for me today. He didn't tell me what he was doing until it was all ready to go. Here is my chart, telling me what to do. (1 is listening center - note the picture of the headphones! 2 is quiet tubs, 3 is blocks.)


Station 1: listening center. All set and ready to go. Dad's headphones are out, and he made a little book for me to read, instructing me to turn the page when I hear the "beeeeeeep!"


Station 2: quiet tubs. D got a few of his Star Wars guys out for me to play with. I was instructed NOT to talk during quiet tub time.
.

Station 3: blocks. Dylan then realized that he did not HAVE any blocks like the ones at school, so we just played with toys in his room. He says Mrs. Lambert changes her mind sometimes, so he can too.

He is quite the teacher - letting me know when the time is up for each station ("10 more minutes, Mom! 10 more minutes!"), and then sending me on to the next station after alerting me with a hearty, "1,2,3! Eyes on me!". This teacher runs a tight ship!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

What a good student you are! How does it feel to start all over again? Good luck in those high school years - they can be kind of rough!

Tammi Shepherd said...

That is too cute! Isn't it funny how they go to school all day and then when they come home they want to play school all over again.
I think my kids just like being the teacher!

Sarah Greener said...

Hahaha that is so cute!! What a smart boy to get that ready all by himself! Man you have so much fun with your boys. I hope I have fun with my kids like that.

Laura Edwards said...

Wow! He is a smarty pants!