Friday, April 11, 2008

Learning to Read


Dylan and I were reading his "just for tonight" book this morning. (He gets to bring a book home for one day almost every day to practice his reading.) When he is not sure what a word is, he is supposed to look at the picture and make a guess. He ran across a word he was not sure of this morning - the dinosaur was holding a pair of "pajamas." Dylan was not sure how to say that, so he looked at the picture and said "clothes." I then said, "Look at the the first letter...it makes a "puh" sound." He then looked back at the letter, then back at the picture and said, "plothes?"

2 comments:

Amanda P. said...

Hey that's kinda like Emily and the Glizzard! Haha, cute. I love Time to say goodbye! Good playlist my friend.

Cecily R said...

I LOVE that!! I think I'm goign to call them plothes from now on!!

Gracie would do the same thing I am certain! :)