Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Funnel Cakes and Ferris Wheels

Matt and I took the boys to the Big Fresno Fair last night! I have a serious corn-dog-funnel-cake-with-powdered-sugar-and-whip-cream-diet-soda hangover today, but we really had a good time. Dylan begged and begged to go on the Ferris wheel, so we finally did - and he cried almost the whole time. Be careful what you wish for, kiddo...

Dylan enjoys a hot dog that only fell on the ground once while being eaten, and a soda.


This was cool! A big Indian!


Dylan thought this guy was a real pirate. The parrot was real! He looks pretty authentic to me, though I would have preferred a little Jack Sparrow myself.


One of the MANY prizes Zack won!


Zack watching the electric guitarist that was playing. The kid looked to be about 16, and he was incredibly good! My kids are total rock fans. Guitar Hero. 'Nuf said.


Dad and Dylan. Buds.

We had a great time! I am a little leery of fair rides, so we mostly just played games. It is interesting to observe all the people at the fair. Zack said he saw three one-legged people in the first 20 minutes. Don't laugh - it's TOTALLY true.

8 comments:

Cortney said...

My grandparents would take us to the Fair every year. I didn't even know there were rides there until I was like 16!!!! We always went to the AG stuff! It's still my favorite part.

Jill said...

Glad you guys had fun! I'm working on the blog thing one step at a time. Thanks for looking!

Unknown said...

Looks like y'all had a blast!
Thanks for stopping by & showing some bloggy love on my big SITS day!

Rebecca said...

Did they sell deep-fried candy corn? Well, they deep fry everything else!

I always feel better about myself when I go to the Fresno Fair . . . I'm fully dressed, my teeth are all there, I have no tattoos, and now according to Dylan . . . I have two legs.

I do like to see the Art displayed and the animals -- human and non-human. And the concerts, too.

Rebecca said...

Oops. . . I guess it was Zack that saw the 3 one-legged people.

Nicole said...

Yep - it was Zack. Dylan was busy noticing all the Spiderman toys, not the one-legged people :o)

Heather said...

Saw your comment over at SITS roll call and had to pop by and say FUNNEL CAKE IS THE BEST! :D

Cheers!

Coopercomics said...

you guys have so much fun!
Kelly misses Zack and Dylan so much!