Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Adore Matt. Yep, Tagged Again.


US in 2004

I have been tagged! Oh, Matt's gonna LOVE this one - it's bound to get all schmoopy.

1. Where did you meet your husband? At Dixie College, in St. George, Utah, just after he returned home from his mission in 1990. I was President of the concert choir, he was a lowly Bass. I graced him with my presence, after he groveled and begged me for a while.

2. How long did you date before you married? Ha! That's a good one...pretty much off and on for almost 15 years!

3. How long have you been married? About 3 1/2 years. Feels longer though, since I stalked him relentlessly for much, much longer.

4. What does he do that surprises you? His patience often surprises me - I love that about him.

5. What is his favorite feature? On me? Hmmm...I'll have to keep that one to myself, thank you very much.

6. What is your favorite quality of his? His calm in the face of chaos.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Sweetie. Babe. Hey there hot mama.

8. What is his favorite food? Japanese - SUSHI

9. What is his favorite sport? Football, for sure! Big Raiders fan.

10. When & where was your first kiss? Ahh, this is a good one. I believe it was our second date in 1990 in my apartment at The Wedge. (It might have been our first date, but I hope I was not that easy.) Very lovely and romantic. He was telling me the different parts of the face in Portuguese and touching each part...and well, you get the idea. Whew. Best first kiss ever.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Quiet time after the kids go to bed.

12. Do you have any children? 2 boys! Fun fact: Matt adopted Dylan last year, so now Dylan's new birth certificate actually has Matt's name on it as his birth father. Except that Matt and I were both married to OTHER people at the time! Kinda funny and just a little scandalous-looking.

13. Does he have any hidden talents? He is REALLY good at helping kids with homework, he is a good listener and a very loyal friend, and a good singer. Matt is very compassionate.

14. How old is he? Older than me. Does anything else really matter?

15. Who said I love you first? He did. I wasn't sure I heard him correctly!

16. What is his favorite music? Classic Rock. Rush, Journey, Dream Theater...he is a BIG music fan, like me. We like to challenge each others music knowledge. I seriously think he married me because I am almost as good at music trivia as him. Almost.

17. What do you admire most about him? His ability to put up with me!

18. What is his favorite color? Blue

19. Will he read this? Eventually, yes.

20. Who do you tag? Anyone who wants to do this. (Breathe easy, Val! I'm not tagging you this time!)

5 comments:

Sarah Greener said...

Fun hubby tag! He really sounds like such a great guy.

Nicole said...

He is :o)

Rebecca said...

I think it's time to hear a Matt and Nicole duet. I know a great piano accompanist -- seriously, find a song!

. said...

That is funny about Dylan and Matt and the whole adoption thing. Funny how things work out!

Ann said...

Sounds like a great husband! :)