Thursday, October 30, 2008

Uncle Matt

I am so unbelievably sad tonight - my Uncle Matt Jacobson passed away earlier today. He was my favorite uncle in the world. Everything seems a little more dim to me this evening.

I will always remember his hilarious sense of humor, more than anything - he teased me relentlessly and I loved him for it. I love how much he adored my beloved Aunt Mace, and I know she is hurting right now, dealing with his loss. I will always remember summers watching Matt and Mace perform with the Pioneer Courthouse Players - they were both brilliant, and I do believe I had a bit of a crush on Matt. I was thrilled to be a flower girl at their wedding, and I have enjoyed a wonderful relationship with them both through the years. I cannot think of any two people that I would rather spend time with.


My Uncle Matt and my cousin Laura, at her wedding.

Thank goodness for the Plan of Happiness. If I did not KNOW with all my heart that I would see my Uncle Matt again, I am not sure I could bear it.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh Nicole, I am so sorry to hear this! He is way too young! I remember gatherings at your grandpa and grandma's house and Uncle Matt and Aunt Mace being there. I thought way back when what a great couple they were! Send my love to the family.

shel said...

Cole,

I send my sympathies to you. I loved hanging out at Matt & Mace's house during our Dixie days. They always made us feel so welcome. My love to you, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I know that I don't personally know you but I would like to still say I'm sorry. My prayers and thoughts are for you and your family. Even though we know we will see them again someday, the separation is still difficult.

Coopercomics said...

aw...That was a beautiful tribute Coley..love you

Tammi Shepherd said...

I am sorry. He sounds like a great guy. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Amanda P. said...

Very nice post. We are all so so sad about Uncle Matt. I wish I could be seeing you on different circumstances! But I will see you soon. :)