Saturday, April 11, 2009

Things to Do in a Small Town While on Vacation

Fly a man-eating kite (seriously. This kite was out for BLOOD) at the Sand Dunes.

Matt and Mia

Swing really high on the BEST tire swing in the world.

niece Kelly

Oooo and Ahhhh over 1,000 year old pottery found by some strange man (allegedly) that I definitely DO NOT know.

(Ooooo.....Ahhhhhh....)

Admire and be slightly jealous over sister-in-law's crafty Easter skills.


Giggle every time you pass by THIS police car parked along side the road that keeps people from speeding through this small town. Why do I giggle, you ask?


Because THIS guy is driving the car.

(Take a close look. I am sure they replace him with the real thing every once in a while, just to mess with smart-alecks like me who think they know it all.)

11 comments:

Coopercomics said...

I wish that you guys could just live here forever!! It was so nice having you here. I love the Kelly picture on the swing..it warms the cockles of my heart...(your Dad's phrase, I stole it)

Latex Larry would blush at all the sight of his close up. Hee

Love you!

Kassi said...

There really is nothing like Kanab! I love this place! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You live somewhere with Sand Dunes?? I'm jealous already...

Sturgmom said...

That police car is hysterical!! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Jen said...

I would so be giggling too.

Amanda P. said...

Hahaha. Laytex Larry has deserved a spot on a post for a long time!!

I miss you guys already!! WAAAHHH.

Unknown said...

I love it when it snows, and there is the police car completely covered, with a driver still inside.

THAT'S ONE LONG FRIGGIN' NAP!

Ali said...

Gosh I'm happy to have you back in blog world. I love Kanab!

Anonymous said...

The police car is so funny. Unfortunately not all small towns use a decoy device. I know from experience.

Bethany said...

A few things....
1) That tire swing is WAY cool!
2) How did your s-i-l make those cool egg things?
and 3) LOL @ the fake policeman! That's hysterical...

kanab zipline said...

I really love this place for fun and adventures here.

Things to do in Kanab