Friday, April 17, 2009

Fashion Smashion: WHO Thought THIS Was a Good Idea??

What the heck is up with all the so-called 'summer scarves' I am seeing for sale everywhere? Everyone from Nordstrom to Target is carrying these babies.

Now, I am all for a good scarf in the winter, but isn't it warm enough already in the summer? Do we HAVE to add on another layer? It looks very cute, yes, but where I live, summertime can be almost torturously hot, so even the thought of wearing a scarf makes me break into a sweat. I can barely stand to be clothed at all when it's that hot.

So tell me - - Do you sacrifice your comfort for fashion?

10 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Maybe if you are going inside where the a/c is blasting. But other wise, no.

Did you have a good spring break? Nicole

Rebecca Jo said...

I thought the same thing...

Jaden Paige said...

Nope. This is definitely a fashion FAIL. I have to agree.

I live way up in New England and it's still too hot HERE for anything like that. So I can't imagine anyone in the south being able to. You'd just have to be nuts.

Heather said...

When you live in S. Texas, you can't sacrifice pain for beauty. The humidity alone makes you feel like you're choking, so I doubt you'd want to add something around your neck.

Pam said...

I've never really been able to pull off the scarf as accessory look. For warmth, yes. I feel like I'm wearing a costume when I try to wear a "fashion" scarf. "Fashion" scarves are for artists and old ladies, though they do look cute on my teenage daughter. Go figure!

Anonymous said...

I think they look really cute! I wouldn't be caught wearing one outside especially since I live in Vegas (talk about HOT!). While inside with the a/c I could see myself doing this.

Angie said...

Never. Comfort before fashion, always.

Angie Cleveland said...

right there with ya!

Sturgmom said...

While I admit to *occasionally* sacrificing comfort for fashion, the "summer" scarf will not be for me. TX heat is enough to suffocate you without the help of a fluffy fringed noose. I can barely stand to have my hair on the back of my neck when the temos reach 100+.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I rarely sacrifice comfort for fashion and think that the summer scarves are a ridiculous idea. We were walking down the street last Sunday afternoon when it was rather warm and I saw a girl wearing one. ABSURD, I say.